Friday, July 17, 2015

6 Months and 4 Years

I can't believe Ms. Mila has been in our lives for 6 months already. She turned 6 months old the day after we celebrated Luca turning 4. Yeah, that's right, he is FOUR. I can't even consider him a toddler anymore. He is in the pre-K room at church now. Granted he has been in some form of preschool since he was one, it still seems crazy. This is his last year as a preschool kid. I am really enjoying this new stage of parenting a big boy...but it's not without new challenges, that's for sure! He is still crazy about sports. He is always busy. He is also still a fan of dressing up (fireman, superhero, policeman) and has a big imagination. He is so observant and takes in every detail. His dress up costumes have to be exact...down to the smoke mask on the fireman. And he has to chew gum and spit when he plays baseball. Hah. And he never stops talking. And Mila. Wow. These baby days are so fleeting with a second baby! As I type this she is just waking up from a nap in the Ergo. I love wearing her. I wish I would have given it more time with Luca. But then again the two of them have different personalities. Luca never liked being contained in any fashion, and he still doesn't. Mila is perfectly content snuggled up on my chest while I get on with the day cleaning, cooking, and entertaining Luca. And I love always having her right there, talking to her as I go about my chores. We listen to music and she is just calm and happy. So sweet this girl of ours. This is the time of our lives. I love our little family!

No comments: