Friday, December 30, 2016

Dear Ms. Mila...

Mila Paz,
We are just a week away from your 2nd birthday and I just can't wrap my mind around it. I must say, I absolutely LOVE the little person you are becoming. Your personality has really blossomed in the last couple of months and it's just so much FUN! I think I am really going to enjoy the "terrible twos" with you. Honestly, other than your constant battle with sleep...you are a pretty easy going kid. You are sugar and spice....but more sugar than spice...usually. You are talking up a storm lately and you are oh so funny...and adorable. I can't even handle your cuteness most days. I forgot how fun the early talking days are. You know, before I just want you to be quiet for 2 seconds😁.  Lately you are loving Mickey Mouse, dancing, playing with baby dolls and your doll house, sleeping with 24,207 stuffed animals and babies, eating soup and rice, coloring (on anything and everything 😐), copying everything your big brother "Wuca" does, playing vet with Tevez, and play doh. The big news around here is that you FINALLY started sleeping through the night in your own bed!!! Even though bedtime is still a long process while you situate, cover and uncover your 24,207 babies and stuffed animals, give them all a drink of water, and turn your sound machine on and off about 35 times....you typically fall asleep and stay that way until around 5-6am...at which point you still come to our bed so mommy can catch a little more shut eye. But, I am super proud of this accomplishment. It's a really big deal going from sleeping with mommy and daddy every night and nursing several times a night to sleeping all night in your own bed...and you did it! Even though nights have improved, you are still very much into your nursing during the day. Especially on days when mommy is home all day. As much as I have enjoyed our nursing relationship...I think 2 years is long enough! I am hoping you will be such a busy little 2 year old that you will soon be ready to let it go. Next week we are going to spend your birthday at the Children's Museum with your cousins, and then celebrate here with Abuelitos and Grandpa and Grandma with Minnie Mouse cupcakes. I can't wait to take on 2 with you! We love you to the moon and back Mila Paz!!!

No comments: