Friday, March 10, 2017

In Like a Lion

Wow. Here we are in March already. I sure wish it felt like March. Spring break officially started at 4pm today. Yesterday it was 70 degrees and sunny, today it's been 40's and windy. And of course the weather outlook for our spring break week is looking pretty glum. We had quite a few sunny days scattered throughout February that sure felt like spring. But March has decided to do its thing, so alas we will wait for our real spring. As for us, we are just chugging along through the remainder of this school year. Usually I look forward to the end of the school year with anticipation as any teacher does. But this year I am not sure. Luca will be finished with kindergarten. His first year of elementary school. There just seems to be such a big difference between kindergarten and first grade. First grade just makes him sound like such a big kid. I mean, dropping him off at school in the mornings and seeing him walk right in those big double doors on his own, alongside kids twice his size...it still gets me. I still see that tiny little Luca that we used to drop off at daycare every day in Arizona. First in the baby room, which I still remember so clearly. Then the toddler room. Now all of a sudden he is big enough to just walk right in himself with a backpack as big as he is. And I have been reminded repeatedly lately that Ms. Mila isn't so much a baby herself anymore. She is talking up a storm lately. She's so funny and even though she has really started to test boundaries...and we've gotten a glimpse of the "terrible twos" lately...this really is a fun age. She is really a sweet little girl. I can already see what a big heart she has. She is always giving kisses and hugs. Tonight she saw me cleaning up her play doh mess and came over to help...without me even asking. She just recognized that I needed some help. It's also been neat to see Luca and Mila's relationship develop. They are starting to play more together, and although that also means fighting and irritating each other often, they also have many sweet moments that I just want to freeze. Time flies. Besides the everyday, Santi and I have been working towards our fitness and personal health goals in the last month or so. I feel like we are making some progress and moving in the right direction finally, and I am looking forward to sharing that journey and the changes along the way. I think we have some exciting things coming in the months ahead.

No comments: